View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 11, 2013, 08:17 PM
Owner

Insurance problems - what a headache. I'd hate to hear that your treatment was determined by insurance coverage and not by the medical recommendation. Perhaps they are taking care of this for you, but if not you you can go to the Celgene Patient Support website and learn about Revlimid availability.

There's a science to matching donors to patients, but you know what? You really don't have to know the details! The treatment center will test your sister to see if she's a match, and they will also work with the National Marrow Donor Program to see how many people in the bone marrow registry match you. You can bite your fingernails wondering what the outcome will be, but you can't do much about it other than wait.

(Having said that, I suppose I should mention that patients looking for donors sometimes organize bone marrow drives to get more people registered as potential donors, particularly within their ethnic group or original country of origin. That's a great community service for ALL patients in need, but it's a very unlikely way to find yourself a donor.)