Thread: AA and fainting
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 14, 2011, 12:46 AM

AA and fainting

It's been a while since I've had my counts checked, but the last cbc showed my hemoglobin at a solid 11, platlets at 117, and wbc at 2.1. Those counts are awesome compared to what I've seen in my past battle. But, ya'll know my story of having counts above normal until this last year and now seeing a slight drop that seems to be lingering in the range previously stated. I'm hopeful that my counts will simply stay here and not be a problem. However, lately, I have been having problems with fainting. I had the problem on the plane and I've had three episodes since then (May) which was the last time I had my cbc run. I'm not sure if I'm experiencing panic attacks or fainting spells due to something else. I notice that in each scenario, I'm feeling hot, but I'm not sure it it's due to bout of fainting or I get hot and then feel faint. I don't really remember a lot of fainting when I was in the middle of my battle. I was wondering if any of you have had problems like this? I will be seeing my new hematologist on the 30th and I plan to bring this up with him as well. I should also note that I have problems with reynauld's, too, which is a vasospastic disorder I've developed since the drop in my counts and I'm wondering if it is related to my fainting (squeezing of my blood vessels or something)? Any ideas?

36 yr. old, dx SAA in Jan 1996, treated with ATG in Mar. 1996, off cyclosporine Sept. 1996, last blood transfusion in Aug. 1997, slow decline in counts again November 2010, AA and current count decline thought to be caused by lupus, currently taking 400mg Plaquinil

Last edited by mscrzy1 : Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added more to post