Thread: AA and fainting
View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 18, 2011, 01:18 AM

Well, the symptoms for a panic attack don't totally correlate. It usually happens like this: I'll be sitting doing whatever then I will suddenly notice that I feel my heart do something strange. I'll start to think about it, then start getting hot and start shaking and put my head between my legs because I know I'm getting ready to pass out. I don't have any dizziness whatsoever. They ran a check on my thyroid a year ago, but maybe we need to run it again. I keep thinking that I'm causing myself to feel faint because I can't help but think about how strange I feel when an episode starts. I try to figure out exactly what brings it to my attention and it's usually my heart. Almost like it slows down or something. It sounds so weird. I sound like a crazy hypochondriac or something. Anyways, thank you for the responses. I thought there was no harm throwing it out there to see if anyone could relate. After having AA I try to take note of anything I find strange or unusual.

36 yr. old, dx SAA in Jan 1996, treated with ATG in Mar. 1996, off cyclosporine Sept. 1996, last blood transfusion in Aug. 1997, slow decline in counts again November 2010, AA and current count decline thought to be caused by lupus, currently taking 400mg Plaquinil