View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 01:28 AM

Birgitta-A

Hello Birgitt-A
I am happy that you have a lovely family standing by you.
I sure understand about missing the grand children.. Randy and I have 26 grand children and 5 great grands. Missing all the family really.. We have two sons still at home.. Scares me if one of us gets a cold.. All our kids know if they even think they have been exposed to anything.. Please stay away.
Randy is getting Aredia Infusions. His blood labs today were really great.
Just a tiny hight on the WBC 10.8 just point 3 over the norm..RBC is a whisper low. 3.54 HGB is right on the mark really 12.1 Plat's have dropped from 380. to 285. But still running in normal range.
I think i may have upset his Hemotologist. Goodness he is a sweet man. However, Randy told the staff, I am putting out to about every major Hospital my wondering question. Could the MDS have been triggered by the contrast dyes? He is also sadden that Randy has decided to stop chemo.
Yet he does respect the mans right to choice.. It is after all his body.
I told Randy about you. He says hi.. And he will add you to his prayer.
Randy said maybe when the Good Lord calls him home. What the Medical findings on him may help find some answers on MDS. He has donated his remains to the Indiana Medical School in our fine state of Indiana. He has made this decision before he found out he had MDS. He said when he talked it over with me. I have so many medical problems. Maybe someone else can have a life saved with what the find. As always I back his decision. Now he ask that his doctor or I request that they look real good at his bone marrow and bones. He says now they have more to learn..
Some days he starts joking around about what them kids and he puts it, in medical school will be shocked when they start looking around.
He has a wonderful primary doc.. For many years.. Flat out told Randy. " You look good on paper, but you are a walking dead man that just refuses to lay down." We cried when Dr. O had to retire at the age of 75.
Anyhow just wanted to give you an update.. All is going fairly well it seems.
Keep the faith.
Love and Hugs
Lillian