View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 7, 2010, 11:14 AM

I am not sure where the exact mismatches are but I know there are more than one in A, B, or C. The doctors have spoken about using ATG to combat the GVHD. The first time around he received four days of Busulfan and Fludarabine but now they are talking of administering six days of Fludarabine. I wonder if it made a difference but at day +8 they switched him from Cyclosporine to Tacrolimus because they said there was a national shortage of Cyclosporine. I have not been able to confirm that. I know it isn't helpful to think about the "what ifs" but it is frustrating to not know why.
Thankfully he is still in the hospital but it is hard to keep his spirits up when we were so ready to be out. He is on Voriconazole prophylactically and Gangcyclovir. He did test positive for Rhinovirus so we are watching him closely for any other infections. Waiting is the most difficult aspect of this whole ordeal. It is hard not to get over stressed just thinking about everything. Thank you for the suggestions and positive thoughts.