View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 6, 2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannythedog View Post
Hello all.

It has been some time since I last posted, due to the reality that life does go on. I wanted to fill you in on mom.

She has been w/ out pop since a year the 23rd of December. She has taken short trips to visit my sister, Sue, in Hickory, and had also spent this past Thanksgiving with her. The chores go on, as does her new Independence, something, I think, she still has not got a hang of, but declines invitations up to our place. She does come for supper sometimes, but not to hang out. She has been doing things in the house, and enjoys reading and, I guess contemplating the mysteries of the universe... Oh, and enjoying holding the remote.. That much I do know.

We all {family that was in town} got together on the 23rd in the early evening. My daughter Belle {8 in Feb} wanted to do something nice for pop. We gathered at the upper pasture and released notes, a picture of his old truck and the snow covered property and my sister even sent up a peanut butter cookie. {he liked her cookies} She was going to send two, but the dozen balloons sank, so she could only send a piece of one. They were good and heavy. I read a poem by Lou Epstein, I was loved, and choked my way through it. The balloons were set aloft by the kids, and it was kind of odd. They went up, steered to the right, made a clock wise pattern around the pasture, as if taking in the property, and then they ascended and cleared the trees, heading to Snowbird Mountain... His favorite spot. I thought that was fitting.

I felt glad that we celebrated the day he started his new adventure, and my daughter was very happy, as was mom.

I attach this to my post, because I feel I have said it all. I truly miss and love my father. He was my mentor growing up, and became my friend as I got older. I only hope that there are sons and daughters out there that have had the same experiences with their fathers, that allow them to become friends. Many of you responded with information, caring words and just plain listened to me ramble. Many of the care givers have lost loved ones since pop passed, and have been looking at how mom copes. Mom is doing good. I will say I am not surprised, due to the fact that pop leaned on mom. Something I realized after he was gone.

I hope those fighting still keep hope and take it easy on the care givers, and the care givers remember that Patience is a virtue.

God bless all of you here at marrowforums. I hope Pop's story of his journey helps many find answerers they are looking for, and if not, just remember what Pop said.

[I]"Scott, it is not about me, it is about you, your mother and everyone else. I had my time, my fun, great kids and woman that I loved with everything I had for more than 55 years. Live, love, rejoice, have faith and enjoy your family. Mom will do just fine."[/I]
Very touching... loving tribute to your father. He obviously raised you very well! You know they say the apple never falls far from the tree!
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran