View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:07 PM

Thanks again to you both for your responses, it helps.

I completely agree with what you said, I really just want to know why my numbers are chronically low. Every single one of my counts has hovered around the low-normal range to the mildly/moderately low at times. It just seems to go up and down, but I am never higher than the bottom of normal. I know some people might be like this naturally, but I think the combination of this and the low retic count would be enough for a BMB just to be safe. That way if the BMB is clean, I can forget about it and if they find something, I can deal with it while I am still healthy.

My real concern is I saw a hematologist last year. She dismissed me because she said my RBC/HB/HCT were not low enough to be worried about it and my retic count is likely just naturally lower than normal. At that time last year my numbers were:

HB: 141
HCT: 0.42
RBC: 4.6
Retic: 16

this time they were

HB: 120 & 128
HCT: 0.34 & 0.37
RBC: 3.9 & 4.2
Retic: 1 & 7

At don't think the red blood cell counts have changed enough for my hematologist to care anymore this time than she did last time. The only thing I will be sure to ask her is if my normal before was 14-16 (had three tests in this range), then why is my normal now 1-7? Sorry for rambling, just concerned I will be pushed off without a BMB again. We will see I guess.

Thanks again...you are all great!