View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 20, 2017, 01:42 PM

Hi Lisa. Yes, I was given antivirals for the shingles. I went to ER as soon as I realized what it was and they gave it to me. It was the weekend so couldn't get to my medical clinic.

I had my 1st shot of GRANIX yesterday (Dr. ordered Neupogen but that was not in the clinic's Formulary). Within an hour (got the shot about 5pm) I had sudden onset of extreme back pain, came on so fast & stong it felt like someone kicked me in the lower back. My legs almost gave out from under me and my husband had to help me walk down the rest of the hall. The pain kept spreading from one place to another, back, hips, legs, knees, even my jaw & cheekbones. I took a percocet after about 20 minutes. It was mostly gone when I woke up at 3:40 AM but I still needed a Tylenol to get back to sleep. Feel better today but out-of-sorts.

Apparently I was also supposed to get Procrit but the doctor had not told me that and I had no chance to research it or talk it over with my husband so I declined to take it. Scheduled to get one shot of each every week until I see doc again on Nov. 7. They'll do labs everytime before the Granix shot, which is another thing no one told me. I'm not very happy with this Outpatient Oncology clinic so far. The nurse said they have quite a few other MDS patients and many people on both Granix & Procrit.