View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 24, 2010, 12:29 PM

Hi Marlene,

AFAIK the C diff is gone, the vancomycin and rifampin seems to have done the trick.

Ok, the day after I took my first 4.5 mg dose, I wanted to go shopping after work. My husband was in shock. Can't remember the last time I WANTED to go shopping. I have continued to have more energy. I rode my horse on Sat, went out to dinner, and stayed awake until midnight. Then on Sunday I went wig shopping for an hour (darn tacro!) and grocery shopping. I made dinner, gave the dog a bath, and knit a little headband for her to keep her ears out of her food. Back to work on Mon & Tues, tired but it had been rainy and dark those 2 days. Tues evening went to the barn - didn't ride but worked with my horse in the cold and then felt good after.

I can feel my HGB is dropping, I estimate it is 88 today. I feel a bit dragged but overall less fatigued than usual. The LDN caused a bit of insomnia but nothing too bad. One night I noticed my heart was beating fast, but it wasn't pounding. I was totally wired after I rode my horse on Sat - I guess I got a double dose of endorphins.

A nurse told me to expect it to take 2-3 weeks to see any difference in my counts, I am getting tested tomorrow. According to some new info on the ldnresearchtrust site, it makes you produce more lymphocytes which can temporarily exacerbate MS (most of their info is on MS). But it then makes you produce more suppressor T cells, which modulates the pesky Th1 cells that are supposedly causing the problems.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, because surely it couldn't be so simple. I could also be feeling better this week because my HGB is higher than it's been in awhile, but me wanting to go shopping is definitely something new.

But, so far so good.

Deb