View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 31, 2015, 10:37 PM

Mds/aplastic Anemia

Thought I would check in and let you know I will be starting Vidaza as my platelets keep going down. Last count was 48,000. I will meet with her Aug 5th to learn the details. First thing I will ask is if it has went to Leukemia. I seem to be more tired than usual. Are there other questions I need to be asking? It puts a kink in me trying to work. Don't know if it will work out or not if not I will accept it. I work around little ones so know there is more of a chance getting infections. I hate having to make this decision, I have always worked. Grrr Just working this week was good for me. I have another question for those on here, my twin brother's daughter has aplastic anemia, about 2 yrs ago she had a BMB, she had transfusions and seemed to be ok, went to the Dr. last week and the Dr. said it should not be where it was, she was surprised but really my question is on heredity, do you think there is a connection? I was under the impression these disease's weren't heredity. She asked her if anyone else had this in her family, I know mine is different than hers. Thank you all, I always feel better when I read posts on here.