View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 6, 2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisb View Post
Well, I need your shoulders to cry on today. I have known since July 15 I was going to have to have chemo, but because my white blood cells are going down, she doesn't want me around little kids, and that's part of my job. I wasn't facing the white cell issue but it was in the back of my mind. I had been trying to make up my mind what to do. She didn't tell me anything today that I didn't know but had my self believing I was going to get to go to work and everything was going to be ok. Just a big let down but I know I have to take care of myself. And I will get back up!!! I will take a Vidaza shot 5 days a week and be off 3 weeks. Sure hope it works. I feel like I am on a roller coaster and can't get off. Maybe not working will take a load off me. Enough feeling sorry for myself. Thanks for listening.
Hi Francis - I know how you feel. I have been on short term disability for 2 months due to getting colitis and then a fungal infection because of my low neutrophil count. I loved my job so I hated not being able to work. Yes you do have to take care of yourself and yes you will get back up!

Also, if they give you Zofran for nausea while you are on Vidaza - watch out for constipation.

Good luck!