View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 16, 2013, 12:50 PM

Hi Deb,

Initially, I would suggest upping the B12. What form are you using now? I would increase the dose to 2000mcg now and see how you feel on it. If after a few days you feel OK, then up it again. The target would be to get to 5000mcg daily. Then you can consider adding others. I'm a advocate of the low and slow approach.

Depending on how much damage was done to your stomach and small intestines, you may have to use B12 the rest of your life. As you know, celiac interferes with your body's ability to break down and absorb nutrients. A healthy gut is sooo important to good health.

You must be very pleased uncovering the gluten connection. I don't test positive for it but I do much better off of wheat. Same with my sister. And, a good friend's mother stopped all wheat and within one week, her blood pressure dropped 40 point. What's going on with wheat these days?
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.