View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 17, 2012, 03:43 PM

ATG...it is?

Pete,

Have they explained to you why they are going to look for an unrelated match this quickly? Did they mention that the potential MUD (matched unrelated donor) would be a backup or first line?

Just good to know what their thinking is. A first line MUD is very rare from my layman's understanding of how to treat this.

Remember, you are on a different path than the BMT, but one that has roughly comparable long term results. So don't look at it as a setback.

ATG can be rough stuff, but a ton of us on here have been through it with different ranges of reactions. I felt okay when I was getting it, but then the following three weeks were absolute hell! It paid off.

Some of us had absolutely atrocious counts. My hemoglobin was at a 4, my platelets were at a 2 and my whites were down to 1.6. So anyone can bounce back.

Stick with us here and we can give you a veteran patient's perspective. PICC lines, photophobia...all kinds of weird things that you never thought you'd ever have to deal with.

Good luck.