Thread: EPO worries
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 14, 2013, 12:35 PM

EPO worries

Hi All,

I have a question about the EPO, as my mom has the EPO 2000*3/Week, so far has been around 10 months. I dont know whether it helps on her situation or not but she did put on weight so far (maybe 6 or 7 kg, from 46kg to 53kg), possible side effects that i heard of /found in the web. Her Hgb seems improved a bit for the past few months. Just wondering should i asked the hema to stop the EPO for observation as my mom is worry about putting too much weight ? Any suggestions are most welcome! Thanks.

My mom also taking supplements (Aojiru and Sun Chorela), so i am not sure whether the supplements did help her Hgb or actually the EPO did.

My mom has her 4th BMB last month, according to the hema, same results as the 2nd and 3rd time, no conclusive evidence of MDS. I will try to get the report and post it here later on.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015