Thread: In memoriam
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 24, 2013, 07:07 AM

Hi Neil and Snuuze

I too thought about the the scare factor etc of having such a section and would it be a worthy suggestion. I know some don't want to know, although as Neil says it will be unavoidable reading the forums regularly. But I thought this would give a clear area that those that prefer not to know and who can avoid reading or until they are ready. I know the feeling first hand only just being newly diagnosed and new here. But, I also found comfort as well, from the lovely support those give in the forums, that it doesn't scare me as it did in those first few weeks.

The motivation for the suggestion was because I was reading an old thread (can't remember who. I have read soooo many) and the announcement of someone's passing was sort of plopped in the general convo. I thought they deserved a spot of their own, maybe the author's mistake there.

Death is unfortunately a part of life with or without bone marrow failure disease.

Honey
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.