View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 9, 2012, 05:20 PM

Glad to see all of our philosophers out in full force today! Couldn't have come at a better time. Such wonderful words of wisdom from people who have been where we are.
We called our local oncologist this morning since Al's temperature went up to 102 last night and he had a deep cough. But the oncologist said just to go to our regular primary care doctor. Grrrrrrr
Al was feeling better this morning so he has decided to just wait and go to Moffitt on Wednesday. We recently changed primary care doctors and he's never seen this new doctor. I hope this fever and feeling bad is just a little bug and nothing to do with his MDS.
I had to call Moffitt today as they didn't have us scheduled for any lab work before seeing the doctor on Wednesday. They said, oh, yes, be here an hour early for lab work; but no one had said anything about it and it wasn't on our appointment schedule.
You really have to be your own advocate. We have found this true at EVERY hospital we've been to.
So I guess we will be flying out of Atlanta on Wednesday morning for our first visit at Moffitt. Not sure what to expect but hope the doctor will give us more than one option. We'll just have to wait and see.
Hope Patti and Dean have made it through this first day of Dacogen. I keep checking to see if she's posted yet. I've had them on my mind all day, in-between worrying about what is going on with my husband. Today is not one of our better days. Maybe tomorrow will be.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.