View Single Post
Old Sat May 31, 2014, 09:47 PM

Check out the calendar on this site. There are places in the country and world where study is taking place for MDS and related ailments. Also there are conferences held around. I will be attending the AAMDS meeting in Seattle in June. I contacted a relative who has myelofibrosis to let her know and she will be attending also.

My husband has MDS and still does all the garden and yard work and we take long drives for the fun of it. He struggles with the emotional side of things but I handle the diet issues, finances, making sure different doctors are updated on other issues he has. He is appreciative and we do nice things. I think his earliest 'wrong' and worrying blood test results started in 2007. After ages of testing, he was diagnosed with MDS a year ago. I read all the time on the net for the latest info on this and other related sicknesses. Then I go do something else.

There's a time to worry and a time to do something else. You can worry out loud here any time it helps. In time you will be answering other people's questions and concerns. A big thank you to all of you who post here.