View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 19, 2015, 08:59 PM

Hello all,
I had my transplant 1/12. I was on prednisone since transplant for gvhd. Average dosage 20mg. Each time I tried to wean off I would get a gvhd flareup. Since then I have acquired osteoporosis and muscle weakness. I now am in pain and have essentially lost mobility. I have difficulty putting a jacket on besides standing and walking. I blame the steroid, gvhd, but lately I question whether arthritis or fibroymalgia has stepped in. Prior to mds (7/11) I had experienced PMR and was treated with Prednisone on 2 occasions in previous 3 yrs.
I suffer from inflammation and swelling of feet,ankles and legs. Currently in pt but not much help. Throughout the day I get sensations like my body is seizing up, including my face.
Any thoughts?
donna
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.