View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 29, 2007, 07:16 AM

Thank you June

Hello June,

Thank you for the reply. Pop is in good humor, but is the kind of man that will get itchy is he sits for 5 minutes. His body is eating his muscle mass, and I cut him off from the chain saw, log splitter and other extraneous activities. We live in NC Mtn's and he and mom heat w/ wood.
My sisters come and visit and help with the chores and emotional help for my wife Angie me. Even at 44 and being the youngest of 4 kids, its tough. I keep the tough exterior police chief look for pop, cause he is very emotional, but alone, well your a child too.
He refuses to do weekly transfusions when it becomes necessary, and depending on how the chemo rides, he may drop that also. He has been, and is, extremely, pro DNR and quality vs quantity of life man.
We moved near my parents for this reason 9 years ago. My wife felt we should stay near just in case. Boy is she good. I figured pop would have dropped in the field or on the mtn. cutting trees, or fall off a roof installing chimney liner's for fun cash. He never really slowed down after retirement. But for him to waste away, I was not ready for that. I'm working on it. It's been easy to joke death w/ him in the past, but to see it creep in slowly, I'm working with it.
Thanks again June, and good luck to you also. I will scan the other site.

Scott, Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.