View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 8, 2008, 01:12 PM

Pop UpDate 4/8/2008

Hello again,
Well, go figure. Pop had such a bad past couple of weeks, I thought that I would soon be telling you of his passing; however, he got a double pump, blood and platelets, last week and had such a reaction to it Wednesday and Thursday, hot and cold sweats, head aches, chills, nausea and not being able to sleep, well Friday morning he woke up early, told mom he was hungry and ate breakfast. Went for a hair cut and took a short nap. Felt good Saturday, and Sunday was slipping a little, but it was such a nice day he got on his tractor in the early afternoon and pointed out the needed yard work, not that I wasn't already doing it, but I did humor him. I installed the mower deck on his Steiner tractor so I could mow on Monday after work, and he did it. I scolded him a little, because he could have gotten cut, but he said he would rather die on the tractor than in a chair or bed. Touché'

He got his blood test today, and he needs nothing but chemo and his Procrit and neuprogin shots. Hemoglobin was 8.7, platelets 23 and white count 1.3. Not to shabby, considering he has been getting platelets for the last 5 weeks. He did mention that the platelets he received last week were the yellowest, fattest bag he had ever seen. I guess someone out there has super blood. Thanks. Pop really needed the boost.

I am worried about his progression, and after this high, how bad will he take the next low. I, and my family will enjoy the high while we have it.

Hope all here are doing well.

Will keep up dating.

Scott,
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.