View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 9, 2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishbop View Post
...just wanted to know if it was safe whilst servilely neutrophinic or if it is something to avoid? So you know if it is? X
Bishbop,

from the VitiCoco website:

Q: Do you pasteurize this product?

A: Yes, we use a flash pasteurization process. Our machinery uses a patented method to extract the coconut water then filter and flash pasteurize it at 120° for two seconds before packaging the water in its aseptic Tetra Pak package. (As per FDA guidelines, flash pasteurization is mandatory for bottled beverages.) Only Tetra Pak can stabilize and give the coconut water a shelf life of 12 months, allowing us to keep it 100% natural – no additives, no preservatives, and all the healthful benefits.

You should ask your doctor, but I don't see how this would be any different than pasteurized orange juice... Which I know is low microbial and allowed for neutrophinic diets... There are no warnings on the packaging with regards to limitations...

I've actually tried this brand, before transplant, and thought it was pretty good...

All the best , and may God Bless us All...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)