View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 23, 2012, 07:01 PM

post transplant

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give an update as to where I am at: Tomorrow is my 6th month anniversary post transplant. As of today my CBC's continue to climb:
Whites; 5.1; ANC 3800; Plates 130; and HGB 8.2. (HGB is good because this week I will be 21 days between transfusions as opposed to 10-14).
My digestion continues to be a problem with my esophogus the main area. So my dr and I agreed I would begin Budesonide, 9 mg, a steroid, not as stemtemic as Prednosone. I will also see a Gastro dr who specializes with transplant patients and determine if different digestive meds and the need for a possible endoscopy, which my platelets can now handle, are necessary.
Although we had planned to begin to reduce my Cyclosporene today, we will wait a couple of weeks to see if the Budesonide has any impact on improving my digestion first.
Because my HGB has begun to improve, I continue to put off the Retuxin treatment infusions. We are still waiting for my O+ type blood to switch to the donor's A+, hopefully it will do that without additional drugs.

Warm regards to all,

Donna
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.