View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 9, 2015, 12:22 PM

so sorry

First of all, I am so sorry to hear that medications are so expensive where you live. My husband was diagnosed with MDS june 2013. It's takes more than a bone marrow biopsy to diagnose. It is specific bloodwork that looks at your chromosomes. I have a feeling your dad was not properly diagnosed to begin with. Dacogen put my husband into remission after just 1 month. He had a stem cell transplant in oct 2013 and was doing well for 8 months. July 2014 he was diagnosed with AML. 80% blasts. Did 2 months of inpatient intensive chemo. that only brought the blasts down to 35%. Started a clinical trial in October, but passed away on 12/17 at the age of 46. Dacogen or Vidaza will not cure AML with 80% blasts but it could possibly buy him more time, not sure. Donna wife of Whizbang
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)