View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 14, 2015, 11:31 AM

Relapse 2.5 years post successful ATG

Hi,

I am just wondering whether anyone else has relapsed after having ATG (Horse) + cyclosporine. In my case I responded very quickly to the ATG (had ATG in November 2012) and within 4 months of having the ATG I had normal blood results. My doctors implemented a very slow taper of the cyclosporine. In January 2015 we reduced my cyclosporine to 75mg / day (last reduction was November 2014 were we reduced it to 100mg) and by March all my counts were down. My doctors then decided to increase cyclosporine to 200mg/day and have indicated that it may take 4 weeks before we know whether the increased drug has worked. We are 2.5 weeks in and my counts are still falling.

I am just wondering whether this has happened to anyone else and whether they responded? If they did respond how long it took to respond and whether they are ok now and simply needing to take a higher level of the cyclosporine.

I am also interested to know whether relapse typically means that the AA is only going to get worse or morph into something else.

I have yet to have a BMB.

Thanks.