View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 23, 2015, 11:33 AM

Hi TASHMAC,

Campath (alemtuzumab) is the alternative to ATG/ALG. You can check out the posts by Greg H on this website for a detailed overview of what it is and how it worked for him. It is a newer treatment for MDS/AA.

Rabbit ALG is typically given for relapsed AA because of the fear of a stronger adverse reaction to horse ATG the second time around. However I don't think clinical trials have shown that this is the case. So both are options.

Here is a good article on Campath for SAA.
http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/...o-checked=true

I recently read another report that said that if you had a quick and strong response to ATG the first time around, you are more likely to relapse, but you are also more likely to respond to another round. The reason being is that you are less likely to have significant stem cell damage than those who took longer to respond. The article went on to say that people who took longer to respond to the initial ATG are less likely to relapse but are also less likely to respond to another round.

Are they trying the prednisone because they think you may have an ITP component? Push for that BMB because you will be better able to tell if this is true!

I hope the cyclosporine works for you!