View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 09:24 AM

Hi Marlene, The Benadryl was interesting, I've had allergies my whole life, Allergy shots for 3 years put them under control, but the shots are associated and possible rare cause of the even rarer Eosinophic fascittis that I contracted while on the allergy shots. Just after I went to the doctor for a variety of symptoms 2 yrs ago and noticed the low CBC results I started taking the Benadryl, I gained 15 pounds and my symptoms got worse. I never connected the two because it was after I already started seeing the doctors for the low CBC results that I started the Benadryl. Anyway as soon as I stopped taking it I lost the 15 pounds and feel a lot better.

On the B12 it was borderline low when this started 430, 360 then went up (650,900,750)after taking the b12 daily, however looking at my test results in september I noticed that right after taking the B12 my AST and ALT jumped, I also got spooked after seeing in a article that high b12 is associated with and increase in prostate cancer and I recent had a cat scan that found a small nodule there, PSA is under 1, so thats on hold for now. So that is why I went into monitor mode on the b12. I'm scheduled to get that retested in a few weeks. Multiple Doctors blew off the borderline B12 as any issue but there is a lot of info to suggest otherwise.

Another twist is all of my labs were trending upwards from sept 09 to may 10, I had a really bad backache when I went to see my doctor for blood work/exam he offered to set up an MRI, had backaches my whole adult life and was reluctant by figured what the heck it would be nice to know if there was something that the mri would pick up so I set up the MRI. The MRI picked up a area in my spine of that was suspicious for lymphoma, not slipped disc's or anything that would explain my backache. So then they scheduled a CT scan of my torso and another bone marrow biopsy. No Lymphoma showed up and BMB was actually better than last time. But the suspicious area on the spine was there, I spoke to the radiologist and explained exactly why the exam was set up and agreed that I would not have the ct guided biopsy on my spine and that the area could be what he see sometimes in folks with anemia. The CT scan also picked up the nodule in my prostate and one in my lung to be followed up on at a later date. Now here is what is really interesting, my CBC results dropped at least 10% across the board after the ct scan. They are back on an up trend but I think the CT might have rattled the marrow. The doctor wanted to recheck the spine with another mri/ct on my last visit but I put it off to next year.

I'm in the process of reading your past posts to catch up on what you experienced with John. Thanks again.