View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 1, 2011, 09:35 PM

We're not sure yet. I'll let you know more when I've heard from M. D. Anderson with all the details. We're going with whatever they recommend. According to their website, they have a bunch of trials going on. As you know, he didn't respond to the Vidaza nor the Arry-614 trial at Emory. I was hoping we'd hear something today about our first appointment, but they said it may be up to 48 hours.
From what I've read on their website, we'll probably be there 3 to 5 days the first time. Then, hopefully, we'll be able to commute back and forth from Atlanta to Houston during the clinical trial. I'm hoping they will let him have his labs drawn here and overnighted to them. We're just getting started with them, so we'll have to play it by ear. I'll keep you posted.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.