View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 5, 2013, 01:05 PM

Thank you, Neil! My doctors have decided that it is Aplatic Anemia and have recommended Cyclosporine and ATG. My son also tested slightly positive on a PNH test. The doctors were ready to start but then my son's numbers jumped into the 700s, so we put a hold on it thinking it may increase (as opposed to decrease). It was so sad when we went back in and found out he went from 780 into the 300s in three short days. My son was so excited that everyone else was excited (even the doctors) that he was getting better. Except for the first night in the hospital it was the only time he started to cry. He did seem under the weather again in the days prior to his ANC collapse and had the dark circles under his eyes again.

We did go to Hopkins where we got my older son tested to see if he was a match for a BMT (our hospital does not perform BMTs). When he wasn't, Hopkins talked about their High-dose Cyclophosphamide treatment. After looking into it my husband and I decided that we'd rather stick with the Cyclosporine/ATG treatment. Also, my son really likes his doctors and nurses currently.

Thank you for the response! It is great to have input and it makes me calmer to have people to trade ideas with. Please take care.

Last edited by curlygirl : Wed Jun 5, 2013 at 01:19 PM.