View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 03:14 AM

day 5 - Post BMT

Well, this is day 5 and I am feeling very good. Unfortunatley the Subclavia Cathether had to be removed yesterday afteroon, due to some underlying threat of infection. A great pity, as everything else is going so well. It is amazing how quickly I grew attached to my "life line" and how vulnerable I felt when it had to be removed. After a shot of concentrated radiated platelets to raise my count from 23 000 to 68 000, the line was removed.
The down side of course is that all blood or platelet transfusions will have to be administered through the veins in my arms of which I do not have too many good ones. The other downside is the fact that the daily blood tests are not a mere quick procedure through the line anymore, but a new needle every time.
I am now starting to feel the side effects of the chemo i.e. serious mouth ulcers and upset tummy. But again. nothing that a nice glass of cold ice water cannot soothe...

For the rest my BP, Heart rate, weight, and everything else is normal. thank goodness.

I am feeling strong and positive and hope that this is a good sign of what is to come...
It is so good to be able to share my experiences with people in the same boat.
Thank you.
nina