View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 12, 2014, 01:57 PM

Belle

Funny you should ask about Belle.

Pop had had written all of us letters, even my small children months before he died. The catch with Belle and Reagan, they had to wait for their 12th birthday before they could be read their letters. His feeling was they would be old enough to understand what was in them by then. Well, Belle got hers the 5th of this month, and she had the "happy/sad" cry. We talked about it, and I explained to her how lucky she was. I mean, how many kids get to talk to their grandparents and get advice from them 5 years after they have died?

We talk about Pop often, and laugh about how much of a nut he was... as I tend to sound like him from time to time and get the "Over the Glasses" look from the wife.

As far as her aspirations, she still wants to go into the medical field, either a Trauma surgeon or into OB/GYN, cause she likes babies.

Yeah, dad really liked getting the last word in, as my letter started with... "Well, I guess you thought you got in the last word... ha ha ha"

Overall, Pop did a real nice thing, and Belle adored him as he did her. It was a good close to her 12th Birthday. She really appreciated it and appreciated being remembered by him.

Scott
son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.