View Single Post
Old Thu May 21, 2009, 09:56 PM

thank you so much for the mom update -- it was just what i needed.

my husband died as a result of his mds/mpd two weeks ago. although i had subconsciously prepared for it since he was diagnosed (18 months ago) it is so overwhelming. my children, although grown with their own kids, are devastated. their grieving is naturally compounded with their concern for me. i am surrounded by wonderful people and did not want to see my husband suffer. the last week was extremely difficult, and the ending was a blessing.

i have often thought of your postings and have wondered how everyone was doing. you update was a prayer answered. you have once again given me strength and i thank you for your insight and compassion. your mom is an inspiration.

marrowforums is truly a gift. without it i would have not been prepared for what i have experienced. the knowledge and optimism gained from it was a daily bolster for me. i too pray for all the members. outcomes are so variable and there is always hope. i wish ours was different, but it was not to be.

i am just so very sad. i do know that what has happened was the best for him -- and it was always about him. but the sadness is so very painful.

our world was turned upside down by a disease we had never heard of. i feel they are so close to a cure and will pray every day that we will all see it.

again.......thanks for the update and my best to you and your family.