Thread: Waiting for BMT
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 29, 2015, 08:17 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
Kamara, welcome to the forum. It is understandable to be nervous about the transplant. It is important to be around family if possible. Having a good caregiver is very helpful and mentally reassuring. There are some on this forum who will be going through the transplant about when you are. There are many including myself who have gone through the process. Be sure to ask any question that comes to mind. There is much support here and a great amount of information in the archives.
We wish you the very best.

Hi Bailie Thanks for the reply. I'm still waiting for transplant. (they say maybe end of october) still on no medication. And i haven't needed a transfusion since my last on 9/4/2015 my numbers are actually holding and not dropping like they were before(while pregnant) So now i'm not sure if i should go with BMT or look into some other treatment, maybe to kickstart my own blood production (is there such a thing? IDK but i get another CBC done on thrsday and an appt on the 15th with my hemotologist where i plan to discuss this. I was told by the nurse that they think transplant is best but i'm confused as to why that would be since my case doesnt seem as severe anymore. I'm just in a confused state these days. Alot to think about.