View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2014, 01:28 PM

Hi, DanL and Brigitta,

Thank you for your quick and helpful replies. My dad's oncologist does not work for a MDS Center for Excellence directly but does work with the doctors at Stanford and seems very up to date on current therapies for MDS. He is also pretty patient with lots of questions. I would like to ask him about some of the medicines DanL mentioned as they have not been discussed so far, and I have wondered why they haven't been used (do they stimulate the bad blasts, too?).

Brigitta, thank you so much for websites. They have so much information! My dad was considered for a trial, but it was too close to the start date to use him. I will ask his doctor about the possibility of another one if my dad would like to try it. He has a very good attitude and is very patient, but he is also discouraged and very, very fatigued. He went from hiking several miles a day, consulting for his former company weekly, and doing lots of activities to hardly being able to walk across the kitchen in just a few months.

It looks you have both been through so much! Best of luck in your continued treatment and best wishes for many happy years!