View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 16, 2014, 04:10 PM

Jordan you brought tears to my eyes. I too lost my mom years ago to pancreatic cancer. I am so sorry you are going thru this again with your Dad. I have to tell you it was not easy for any of us when he decided not to do the vidaza. I knew his life would not be long but he lasted alot longer than they thought. I cherish the times I spent with him. He is forever in my heart. Make every day count. I guess you can tell I was a Daddy's girl lol. Much love to you and yours.
Elaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanN View Post
Hi, Bebop!

Thank you for your kind words! I have to tell you that you are one of the inspiring people I was referring to in my initial post! As I was searching through the posts these last few months searching for answers to this horrible disease, your story was one of the ones that really touched me (we both have 80 year old really amazing dads that we love with all our hearts), and I was so impressed that you continue to provide so much love, support, and comfort to everyone on these boards even after the loss of your sweet dad. You are a special person!

I really respected your father's decision to forego treatment other than transfusions. My dad had to stop Vidaza due to infections and toxicity, and I have to say, I think he is more comfortable and perkier without the Vidaza although his blood counts are getting worse. I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, and it is definitely not fun to be on this roller coaster again! Thankfully, you and others on this forum make it so much easier. Thank you!