Thread: Relapse SAA
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 20, 2013, 03:26 PM

Kim, forgive me if I'm being too forward, and my decisions shouldn't be yours (I don't fully know your situation, IPSS, etc.)... I am very conservative by nature, but I also like to analyze odds... And given our pre-existing conditions, Health insurance is a life or death sentence (given the cost of treatment / BMT)...

The fact that you may lose coverage (sooner rather than later), and the fact that you have a matching sibling, (not knowing your age) but I assume you are young enough to be a candidate for BMT...

I'm wondering why your not considering a BMT as a cure more seriously?

Again, please forgive me if I'm out of line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim2007 View Post
...I have a matching sibling if I need transplant but the new doc says transplant should be last option....During this I am also going through a divorce after 16 years. Started having issues when I got sick. It was on hard both of us but I do get my insurance through my husbands job right now.
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)