View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2019, 04:42 PM

Dear JC62,
Although I didn't have a job when my husband was so sick, I do understand how you feel that everything is being piled on your shoulders. We were about a year and a half into his illness before someone asked me how I was doing - and I just started crying. Understandably it was about him but it was really about both of us - just as it is with your wife - and you.

I have been both caretaker and patient. I firmly believe it's harder being the caretaker. The patient gets taken care of but so often, the caretaker doesn't. We had no family within 1500 miles and with Don's immune system just about gone, they couldn't even come to help. Women are more prone to lean on friends and family for emotional support but I believe that's the best thing you can do for yourself. You'd be amazed at how much people want to help if they're just asked. Now is not the time to just man up - you need to reach out to family, friends and co-workers. I also hope you are a person of Faith as that is an always available resource for support.

I wish you and your wife all the best.
God Bless,
Sally

Last edited by Sally C : Tue Jan 29, 2019 at 07:26 PM.