View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 28, 2011, 09:57 AM

Hi Nicole,

I read about schistocytes and compared to Trevor's complaints and will definalty talk to the Dr about it. You referenced LDH being high and the only thing I can find on his lab reports is LD so was wondering if those are the same thing. His LD back in June (most recent report I have) was 402. According to the report high is 243.
So I did talk to the Dr and he said he wanted to wait to see if Trevor's blood count drop was real or the result of all the fluids they gave him. He said that could be the cause so he will do another cbc in a week. (seems strange to me, but ok)..They took him off the K since he was getting a daily dose and when they drew his chemistry it was 6.2. His creatinin was 2.2 and had been since the last lab of 8/18 but no action was taken on 8/18. Then with his numbers decreasing (maybe only from fluids) they reduced his cyclosporin even more. THey attributed the dehydration to vomiting which Trevor reported is only a few times a week. So not sure how thats the case if he is drinking plenty of fluids. The Dr also told me they did a Pic line because they needed to get fluids in him quicly and they didnt do a port. Trevor told me he has a port. So noone really knows whats going on with him in any comprehensive way.
The schistocytes from cyclosporin study I read shows it effects males between 20-29 in the first 6 months on cyclosporin the greatest and some of the other symptoms include gate imblance (trevor has) severe migranes (trevor has) vomiting (trevor has) darker urine (trevor has ) changes in eye site (trevor has ) . As of now , all these symptoms have been addressed separatly or just attitbuted to "side effects" of cyclosporine. I will definatly try to discuss with the Dr. tomorrow. My concern is if this is the case, do they take him off of cyclosporine and if so then what. If it is a transplant then we are close to out of luck. But wont go there now. Try not to play the what if senarios too much.

Cant tell you how much I appreciate the info, hopefully its not the case but it helps me understand that I have to pay attention to those "side effects" of cyclospronine more comprehensively. I have also been paying to much attention to his blood counts and definatly not enough to his chemistry.