View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 17, 2014, 04:59 PM

New Update on Amy

Good morning ,
New up date on Amy
Last week when her hematologist called she had shared with me that her BMB was showing 3% blasts ,but the Good news is they had done more smears and the blasts where actually good blasts showing baby white cells . Super !!! She is still showing MDS ,but that the BMB has not changed. today her labs are showing that reflection and she is now at 1.7 WBC ANC 1.9

Dentist appointment
We have one bad tooth which needs to come out on Friday next week she will be pumped full antibiotics before and after for awhile to prevent any infections .
Thank you heavenly Father for helping Amy make some white cells and neutrophil to help her fight any infections .

Wow! what a great team of Doctors we are so over joyed and thankful!!
Day 1
Ct scan
Amy was per-treated with benadryl and prednisone at 10pm the night before 4am on the day of and again at 10 am on the day of . and we still got the contrast rash lol not as bad and it's almost gone already .

Muga scan for her Heart as far as what I heard both tests went wonderful .
Best part they did not have to sedate her !!!

Still waiting to hear about the results

Day 2

Lab's hemoglobin 8.0 WBC 1.7 ANC 1.9 Mag . 1.5 platelets 145

pulmonary test
This was by far the hardest test for her and she did not pass it which makes me sad ,but with her being cognitively delayed she did not understand holding her breath ... But put the girl in a swimming pool and she in never above the water ,but can swim under water like a fish .
I asked what now?? they may have to do an arterial line .This will help measure her oxygen levels. But only if insurance is not
happy with the answer the hospital gave .

Social worker - we talk about where we will stay and Amy is up next for the apartment .

BMB coordinator
If you want to come see Amy you will need to have had the flu shot and not the one in the nose for it live that could cause her to become very sick . Thank you !! and Hand washing is very important and not to come if you have been around anyone that has been sick . Thank you all for loving her so much !!
We got a new binder that holds all the information I will need to help her get through her SCT
A few important things to remember no eating fresh fruit and Veg. anymore but in the binder we have all the does and don't' so very helpful !
Thankful for the binder Froedtret Medical Collage of Wisconsin Cancer Center!

On September 12 , 2014 We were told that Amy's bone marrow donor is a 22 year old Male .
She is having a Allogeneic Transplant

Amy's donor will be having a Bone Marrow Biopsy on October 6 ,2014 and Amy will receive it on October 7, 2014 New Life !!! Thank you Jesus

BMT Doc. wants Amy to have a bone marrow transplant from a BMB there is less chance of Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)

Amy's donors blood type matches her Blood type which is A positive awesome so her blood type will not change !!!

It's a 10 out of 10 match !!!!
As far as what I can read every pre-test that was done last week looks great!

Prayers for Amy we are having a tooth pulled before SCT ,Good news her body is making WBC 3.2 and ANC 2.7 YIPPIE SKIPPIE !!!
God thank you for being so good to us !!
Sue and Amy