View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 15, 2016, 12:04 AM

Communications between doctors, the hemotologist comes first?

And I brought my xray from the clinic and went in to the respiratory department, but the admin sent me to the hemotologist first, who took a look at the xray that the clinic had sent on with their suspicions of " a previous lung infection that has resurfaced". He just shrugged it off, and wrote a note to the Respiratory doctor saying that this xray of his MDS patient came from a local clinic, but he thinks its a "shadow", meaning a technical smudge. Then he went on to say since I was here (my appt with my hemotologist is not until next next week), besides an xray, he wanted me to get a CT scan so we could stay on top of any obstacles for my MDS treatment. Then he sent me off to the Respiratory to get me checked out.

The Respiratory doctor pointed out what Paul and Baille mentioned, that I had more stuff on my plate with MDS already without having to worry about what the clinic people suspected. But she eased my mind by testing, and ruled out lung cancer, lung infections, and even latent TB. She promised to relay my results back to the clinic, and of course, my hemotologist.

Blood test found me allergic to cedar pollen. Confirms the itchy throat. But she advised checking with the hemotologist before taking any anti-histamines. My CT scan showed 2 small spots on either lungs, too small to worry about, so another CT to show if it grows or not, will be in 3 months time.

So I learned that whatever symptoms I had, I would always have to check in with my hemotologist. Is this normal with MDS patients?
Meri