View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 11:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Cuadra View Post
Hi, Yahtzee.

I posted your question to the GVHD listserv today and got the following responses:

Overall, I hope it's helpful to know that this problem is not unheard of. As with many post-transplant issues, whether they are diagnosed as GVHD or not, it often takes a lot of time before any improvements can be seen.

If you'd like to join the GVHD listserv, go to http://listserv.acor.org/SCRIPTS/WA-...UBED1=gvhd&A=1.

Regards,
Ruth

Thank you for the information, Ruth. I'll check out the website you referred me to.

Remember when I talked to Dr. Deeg in Las Vegas during the small group? He emailed me the next week. What a nice man! Anyway, he had this to say:

"I have since then spoken with Dr Flowers who is the Clinical Director of our Long-term Follow-up Program. She indicates that she has seen a very rare case where a patient had lost the ability to smell, and we really don't know what the prognosis is. Of course, as you know, taste and smell interact very closely; thus, it is still possible that with some recovery of taste there may also be some improvement of the smell sensation."

Like I told Dr. Deeg, my lack of smell and taste is a bit of a nuisance but I survived AML and a transplant so I can live with this minor problem. There could be worse things. Hopefully it'll come back sometime.

Take care. It was great to see/talk to you again. See you in DC at the next conference!