View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 23, 2010, 08:36 PM

I think you made the right decision

Hey Linda!

I think you made the right call. The ARRY-614 trial is a phase 1 trial, according to clinicaltrials.gov which means its primary aim is just to see the maximum tolerated dose. The info is pretty sketchy on that website about whether there would be on-going treatment with the drug if Al showed improvement. But maybe your doc filled you in on that aspect of the trial.

It does sound like an interesting drug, but, if you're thinking about trying a clinical trial to actually get some treatment, as opposed to just doing a good deed, I think you want to be looking for a phase 2 or 3 trial. (I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I am.)

Everything I've read about Vidaza says don't quit 'til you've had six treatments.

Which of Al's chromosomes are messed up?

Hang in there!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com