View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 9, 2010, 10:08 AM

Campath vs Vidaza

Hi All-
Thanks for your input...
Brigitta, what is your opinion on Vidaza overall? I am post cycle 3 and concerned about how many transfusions I am getting; platelets and now red blood cells. Yesterday's counts: WBC .09, Platelets 21; Hgb 7.9...literally getting transfused at the moment!
I had hoped to see my numbers on the upswing by this point in the process. I do realize Vidaza takes 4-6 months, and had planned to go the full 6 months into Jan before the next bmb...should I do it after 4? Do I really want to know?

Regarding CampathvClinical Trial, they say ineligible if my MDS is secondary to my AML treatment, but then they thought my AML may have started with MDS And how do I know if I have less than 6 months?

I am just wondering what would be the next step if I don't see progress with Vidaza.....

There isn't anyone I can speak with locally about this....I am grateful to have found this site and am telling the infusion dept about it!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly