View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 22, 2023, 09:19 PM

I'll elaborate on these red cheeks a little. I noticed in 2019, the last time I actually took a decent photo of myself, that my cheeks looked flushed. I didn't think too much of it as it was the start of winter and I had been warming up in the mid morning sun, and I was also perimenopausal. These cheeks just slowly became a thing, especially the last few years where I'm relieved I am not heavily social, or work out of the home because they're just so ....there. I mentioned them here and there to my gp but I think we both dismissed it as menopause. I'm a few years over that now and they're worse than ever. I don't always feel them, unless I touch my face, so they're not part of a hot flash or anything. If I'm in a stuffy room or wearing a mask, I can feel them coming on. From Nov, we put up blockout curtains and I've avoided going outside in peak hours where I can. If it's hot or stuffy, I use the fan and dress down to a crop or tank top. It took a few months but now I only have them on really hot days in the afternoon and for a short time. My last really bad cheeks day was Christmas day, where even though under cover, it was outside and we did a bit of driving. So there's no flashing, no sweating, nothing else, just this sunburn in a ski mask with too much outdoor time. Gosh I'm a babe! Lol oh and that original photo, which I had originally always thought was after my blown up hand that started all of this, was actually 3 weeks before, according to the pic data, so not long before the fatigue hit too.