View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 26, 2023, 02:03 AM

Hi everyone I hope everyone is well.

Good news on this end, with my recent checkup being stable. Reds and whites are low, but haem is good and my platelets are kicking goals. My MCV has gone back up to 101, so that's still a thing. My silly thyroid is being a pain again and is back at .4 for the TSH, and is no doubt planning to keep on enjoying its time in subclinical thyroid land as we head into summer. Reticulocytes are still low at 19, and this is the first time that they haven't moved into the 20's after dipping into the teens. However, she's bored with me (hooray) and I can relax into an annual visit now. Obviously, I would go back earlier if anything changes, but hopefully, I just keep plodding along.

She did have a few interesting comments as we chatted away. She commented that it's all very 'seasonal', which I have to agree with, and that they're noticing that because people are being tested younger, they're learning of these things before their time. I'm not sure how that works as this all came about because my right hand blew up 4 years ago, and we still don't know why. I also had vitamin b12 macrocytosis 20 years ago, which was rectified with the supplement I still take daily. Who knows, I don't care because I don't have to go back for a year. Yay!

On the symptom side of things - I'm like a slowly deflating balloon. I'v had to drop my exercise back to just walking and yoga, and I need so much more sleep. My arthritis is bad and I still look like I'm sunburned in a ski mask, but do not care. I still enjoy my time outdoors with my dogs in big hats and glasses, and wear that skin mask with pride.

I guess I'll leave this as is unless anything exciting happens!