View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 9, 2015, 07:22 PM

All doctors that I talked to would not accept the Parvo virus is the cause of PRCA. Although it is documented on any scholarly medical literatures that Parvo virus affects the red blood cell precursor. Doctors are saying that still inclonclusive that Parvo virus is really the cause but other underlying illness causing sensitivity to Parvo virus. I would say, for my case, I was ill from Parvo virus for about 6 months. I was not treated with IVIG soon enough. Viruses may cause auto immune diseases especially long term infection. It is probably the long term infection especially with Parvo virus. The symptom chronic severe anemia is the sequela of long term infection from Parvo virus. I am living with it for 3 years now. It is manageable but the long term effect especially with harsh meds and chemo may have adverse effects. My PRCA is due to immune mediated disease not because of bone marrow disease.
PRCA, infected by Parvovirus. Took Prednisone 20-60 mg/day for 6 mos., Cyclosporine 100- 200mg/day for 6 mos., Exjade 1000-2500 mg/day current, Warfarin 3-4mg/day, Cyclophosfomide 50 mg/day for 4.5mos., Campath for 2.5 mos, Danazol 200-400 mg/day for 6 mos. Currently- Rituximab for 4 wks.