Thread: Vidaza dosage
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 19, 2016, 01:39 AM

kyis,

sorry about the nausea and constipation double whammy. You might want to ask about other anti-nausea options. I am not that familiar, but there was one that I took for a couple of cycles that did not work for me, whereas zofran worked well. As for the other end of things, if your clinic has a dietitian, speak with him/her. Senna tablets are available otc and seem to work well after about a day. My magic is coca-cola or coffee.

As for the dosing, most of the time that i have seen 1/2 dosing is when the patient receives vidaza over a 10 day period instead of 5, but I do seem to recall some forum members that utilized reduced doses of dacogen (kirby comes to mind from a few years ago) with a lot of success on and off.

My vidaza schedule was always 75mg/m2 over 5 days - i completed 9 cycles. Vidaza beat the heck out of my wbc each month taking me down between 75% and 90% from baseline, so I would go from a wbc of 4k to a wbc low of 400 to 600 by about day 10 in the cycle. it rarely impacted my platelets or HGB.

Good luck with your treatment. One other common thread that I have seen is that treatment tends to get easier after about the 3rd or 4th cycle for most people.

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.