View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 11:36 AM

That sounds like a good strategy. I would have to agree that the on-call doc is going by standard operation procedure. Which is fine for those presenting with low platelets the first time or having issues. But in your case, if you've been doing fine on 13 -14K then they should understand that.

I used to carry around lab results so I could show them the trends. They sometimes have a difficult time hearing you so having "official" lab reports helps. I will never forget the time John ruptured his quad tendon while on vacation in Maine. The ER didn't even pay attention to the injury. They couldn't get beyond his low blood counts. His platelets at the time were in the 30's. We noted all of the medical history and blood count on the paper work, discussed it with at least 3 people before seeing the doctor and even then the doctor was still skeptical. I wish I would have had his records on that trip.

Best of luck with visit today.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.