View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 03:00 AM

Question for hunters

Hi Wendy:

There have been some changes since my last hunt. A first-time hunting license requires completion of a hunter safety class before issuance. Be sure to check on this well before the hunt. Maybe we could get Dick Chaney to be the class leader. If Grant has never fired a shotgun he also needs instruction on how to mount the gun and lead the target. There is nothing worse for a hunter than to fire round after round and never getting a hit. Hearing protection is a good idea on the practice range but in the field I think it is more important to be able to hear the other hunters.

You can expect to see some blue marking from the recoil but it will go away in a few days. Again, gun safety is the most important consideration. I hope Grant will bag at least one bird and I know he will remember this hunt for a long time. Be sure to give us a full report.

Good hunting Grant.

Wayne
Middle-aged (83 yo) dx Nov 4, 1997 w/MDS-RA+pancytopenia, tx about 18 mo. Responded to EPO+G-CSF. Ferritin dropped from 2500 to 480. Three non-fatal heart attacks, five non-fatal strokes and a lot of TIAs. Otherwise in very good health.