View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 25, 2010, 04:29 PM

Before my husband was diagnosed with Myelodysplasia (MDS), we had a doctor tell us that it was a good thing they hadn't found what was causing his red blood cell and platelet problems. So maybe it will work in your favor that they have not found anything out conclusively.
Unfortunately in my husband's case it turned out to be MDS and he has now had his first round of chemo and is doing okay.
These forums are the best place to get information about the disease itself but, as a friend of mine says, "Don't borrow from tomorrow."
Try to be patient and wait for a definite diagnosis before you panic. And believe me, if it turns out to be MDS, you will panic. But try not to. Ten years ago there were no options, but thankfully, today there are several medications showing great promise, and there are clinical trials going on now that show even greater promise.
While I am just the caregiver for my husband who is fighting this disease, I am the one who researches and reads and wants to know as much about it as I can.
So hang in there and know that there are lots of people with great info if you need it. I'm praying you won't need it!
God bless,
Linda (Al's wife)