Thread: Blasts in blood
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:06 PM

billyb,

I'm wondering if you've/(Tina) tried Vitamin D3 for the low platelets???

I read on hear that it's good for PLTs so I figured I'd try some (liquid dropper style)...

Not I know too much isn't good for you since it's fat soluble, and I typically never take the same vitamin every day (usually every other day)...

Well my PLTs dropped from 90 to 50 a week after Dacogen, three days before my 2nd weekly blood test, I tried 2500IU D3, for three days straight, then I returned a PLT count of 60... I stopped taking the D3 figuring it worked a little bit, and started taking my multivitamin / B complex again every other day (centrum Adult for men / Stress B complex)...

Not sure if it was the Dacogen or Vitamin D3, but after my 3rd weekly blood test, my PLTs jumped to 209...

I'm not saying that the D3 did it, but my hematologist was astounded, could not believe his eyes...

God bless, and be well...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)